Launch of IndiMail
Our Christmas update is here – albeit a few days late!
Our last two Christmas updates were blogger meets in 2007 and the forum in 2008. Considering how successful both these features became, we sure did have a lot of pressure to come up with something really useful. Thankfully, as always, there were bloggers who came to the rescue and told us what they needed. The discussion evolved into a plan, and the plan evolved into our latest feature, IndiMail.
If you’re thinking “who needs another email service?”, allow us to clarify. IndiMail is not a wannabe replacement for Gmail, nor does it provide you with an email address. It’s a simple, private, 1-to1 messaging system that bloggers can use to communicate with each other, similar to the messaging on Facebook . IndiMail can only be sent between bloggers who are on each other’s networks, giving the networking feature a greater purpose than before.
Here’s a screen capture of my inbox with a couple of messages from Anwin, our team’s tattooed bug-finder.
But wait, there’s more!
- We’ve revamped our homepage.
- We’ve made an all-new dashboard. You can use it as a starting place for all your IndiBlogger activity.
- The ETA of the next IndiRank update is now shown on the dashboard.
- Mutual connections are now shown separately on the network as well as directory pages.
- A little email icon now sits beside the mutual connection icon; allowing bloggers to easily send messages to people in their network.
- Notifications are now sent when a post on IndiVine gets a vote.
- An updated settings page allows you to control the alerts you receive from IndiBlogger.
- Fixed an error on the IndiRank stats page: if a new user who doesn’t have a rank as yet tries to access the stats, it used to say that there was an error with the blog’s feed.
We hope you all had a great Christmas, and we wish you an awesome year ahead.
Renie & The IndiBlogger Team