Break on through
Some of you may have noticed – things have been quiet at IndiBlogger for a while! This is due to 2 reasons:
- The operational challenges that come with running a 12 year old product. Although the principles we setup IndiBlogger on so many years ago still stand good today, the industry’s requirements have changed.
- A decision we made a long time ago has left us without the means to overcome the above-mentioned operational challenges. We’ve been trying to make it work over the last few years, but in the end, IndiBlogger has always been about freedom – and we’ve decided that there’s no way we can do justice to this community with one hand tied behind our backs.
So we’re doing the right thing for everyone and taking a step back, so we can do greater things. We don’t know what shape or form it will take, but this team has never been one to dream small, so I personally can’t wait to see what happens.
So what happens now?
- Any section of IndiBlogger which does not require any human intervention (such as IndiVine, Top Posts, IndiSpire, IndiMail, IndiNetwork) will continue to run as usual.
- Any section on IndiBlogger which serves as proof of an accomplishment – (IndiContests, IndiMeets, Indian Blogger Awards, BNLF, WeBlogAcademy Certificates, etc.) will be permanently archived and accessible.
- Any confidential information that you have shared with IndiBlogger will remain private and secure, as it has always been.
- Moz recently announced that Mozrank, an integral part of our IndiRank algorithm is being phased out, so IndiRank will not be updated any more.
- IndiBlogger Badges will continue to be hosted on the same world-class CDNs.
- We are no longer accepting signups.
- IndiSupport is no longer manned. You can always reach out to us using one of the options on our contact page.
- 25th – 30th June 2019
- The IndiForum will be made read-only and archived to prevent spam.
- The Android app will be taken off the play store and will cease to function.
Where does the team go from here?
As it has always been, our future is full of uncertainty, and full of possibility; but here’s one thing for sure – what true blogging stands for, and represents, will always be in our DNA. It’s never been about the platforms or mediums we’ve used, the languages we chose to communicate with, or even the banner “IndiBlogger”. Everyone you’ve ever interacted with, either online or in person, is and always will be a part of the IndiBlogger family. What brought us together is something that can never be taken away from us. Stay tuned!